For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is No Ordinary Designer Label Ltd of 6A St Pancras Way, London NW1 0TB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.tedbaker.com and www.tedbakerplc.com (the "Websites"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Websites and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Websites according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the Websites.
Ted Baker is committed to protecting the security of your data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computers with restricted access that are located in controlled facilities.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset.
When we transmit sensitive information such as your credit card number and address details over the Internet, we protect it through the use of 128-bit encryption certificates and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol - the industry-standard method for protecting web communications.
Where we store your personal data
Uses Made of this Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Except as outlined above, we will not pass your details on to third parties without your express consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ted Baker plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 6a St Pancras Way, London NW1 0TB.
The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Code of conduct
Click here to download our codes of conduct (18 Kb PDF)
Using the WC3 checklist as a base guide, Ted Baker has ensured the site meets or exceeds current legislative accessibility requirements.
We have tested the site against the current versions of all popular browsers as well as common screen readers, in particular JAWS and IBM Home Page Reader.
This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.